Guest blogger Natalie Hidalgo
Day 3: Constructing the Bib Bodice
Whoop Whoop!!! I am so happy that you have joined me for day three! Please remember if you have any questions, post them in the Little Lizard King Sewing cafe group. Today is going to be lots of fun!! Follow the steps below and I can not wait to see what you create!!!
1) Start with Preparing the Bodice Detail. Instead of folding over ¼ inch, fold your front sash in half, wrong sides together. I do this because, it is a lot easier to fold something in half than to fold down ¼ inch. Iron to set. Align the raw edge of the center sash to the raw edge of the front bodice. Sew to attach.
2) Look over the section of the pattern titled, Prepairing the Bodice Detail and follow the instructions for trimming the bib, itself.
3) When it comes to the bib itself, there are sooooo many options. Here is where you can really get creative. You can monogram your bib, add rickrack, add buttons, the possibilities are endless!!
4) Follow the directions for Gathering the Bib Ruffle and Assembling the Bodice. Do NOT add the cord elastic, for back closure, remember we are adding buttons instead.
5) Construct the side sashes according to the pattern. In order to attach them, you can create a small gather by hand. Baste the side sashes in place on the bodice front.
6) Pull the bodice right side out and iron to set. Attach the front and back bodice pieces as shown in the pattern.
You did it!!! I can’t wait to see what you created!! Don’t forget to post one of your in progress pictures in the Little Lizard King Sewing Cafe, Peggy Sue Sew Along photo album, in order to qualify for the fabric prize from Threads and Stitches.